Cheer and dance come with many benefits. One of the biggest benefits of cheer and dance is that it helps build a child’s confidence throughout their life. If a child tends to be shyer than most kids, it’s time to try to break them out of their shell.
Here are five ways cheer and dance build confidence:
- Constant coaching: Throughout the whole process of cheer and dance practice, kids have someone who is always there to coach them along and provide support. Success comes easier when a child is coached through something. Finally, being successful in a skill shows them that all their hard work pays off.
- Acceptance: Students from all walks of life participate in cheer and dance and It allows them to become more in-tune with their bodies. It also allows them to appreciate the shape, rhythm, and movement of their bodies and to accept themselves for who they are.
- Grows strong friendships: The constant interaction between children during each practice grows them closer together. As children improve their skills, they do it alongside their teammates. Motivating and accomplishing the toughest skills together, makes children feel more accepted and confident.
- Eliminates the fear of being awkward: If a child fears that they are too awkward or shy, cheer or dance is a great way to break them out of their shell. Start them out taking beginner classes and as they get more comfortable with their movements, they’ll realize how fun it is to let loose.
- Improves body image: Cheer and dance require a lot of physical movement. Children slowly start to see their muscles becoming toned the more they practice. Exercising is also a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. This helps to build up their body/mind image within themselves.
Confidence is a key life skill that is more easily taught in the early stages of life. If you’re interested in signing your child up for dance, don’t wait any longer. Contact us here at Hillsborough Cheer and Dance to get your child started today.